Working as a Maintenance Engineer for our Primrose and Wolf Lake operations, you will be part of an exciting onsite team responsible for providing technical support to maintenance and operations with a focus on asset reliability. This position will work with many different stakeholders to coordinate the development and ongoing optimization of the reliability program. The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership and organization qualities with a demonstrated track record of executing high quality work within an industrial facility.
- Facilitate preventative maintenance reviews for Wolf Lake and Primrose facilities
- Lead the condition based monitoring (CBM) program implementation and actively participate in overall equipment maintenance strategy
- Report on equipment issues and work with maintenance teams to ensure proper actions are taken to maximize equipment availability, including preparation of MOC work packages for changes
- Influence planned downtime for maintenance activities, actively looking for opportunities to best align work with production schedule
- Work with maintenance teams to lead risk ranking and risk mitigation planning associated with regulatory inspections as part of the 52 week, 5 year and 10 year maintenance event planning
- Job location: Wolf Lake facility near Bonnyville/Cold Lake, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5 x 2, Monday – Friday
- Must live in the local area of Bonnyville/Cold Lake. This is not a camp based positon
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically 5+ years of industry experience in an operating facility
- Professional engineer or eligibility for registration as a P.Eng. or P.L.(Eng.) with APEGA. Consideration will be given to EIT experience level candidates with the expectation of working towards designation
- Experience with maintenance management systems and turn around processes
- Lean six sigma experience considered an asset
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is September 15, 2022. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.