Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2019 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Maintenance Manager at our La Porte VCM plant located in La Porte, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Support all Safety and Environmental programs and Responsible Care Guiding Principles to ensure the protection our employees, neighbors, the communities in which we operate and the environment as our highest priority.
- Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations. Including annual departmental goals and objectives with meaningful Process Safety activities for all levels of the organization.
- Maintain a competent maintenance team through selection, development, and motivation of subordinates.
- Ensure that all maintenance team members are respected, supported, and encouraged to grow and succeed in their development.
- Establish and monitor key measures to ensure that a comprehensive and effective maintenance and reliability program is in place and that the Maintenance Excellence Process is practiced.
- Direct and manage the site maintenance staff to implement best maintenance practices and provide technical expertise to reduce costs, and improve process uptime and mechanical reliability.
- Assist operations with troubleshooting and problem solving to eliminate problems and/or repetitive failures.
- Manage all maintenance turnaround activities for safe and timely execution of multi-million dollar plant outages. Aggressively seek to minimize cost and duration of turnaround activities.
- Participate on Corporate Maintenance focus teams.
- Manage the use of contract resources for the site.
- Develop and Manage Maintenance training programs to maintain expertise in areas of specialization, new skill areas, and to continuously develop overall technical competence.
- Participate in programs to expand personal professional development.
- BS, Engineering required, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Maintenance Management preferred.
- Chemical plant knowledge and experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a strong maintenance team, ability to work with people across different functional groups and the ability to develop relationships to enhance team work. Ability to manage and develop direct and indirect staff to optimize the performance of the maintenance team.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining cost controls and designing systems to enhance the performance of the maintenance function.
- Ability to work with the Computerized Maintenance Management System and accounting system.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– United States-Texas-LaPorte
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.