Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The Maintenance Operator maintains equipment on oil and gas facilities, by trouble shooting, repairing or replacing equipment as needed. Works under minimal supervision and is capable of handling highly complex problems.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 2 years of related industry experience in lease operations with maintenance responsibilities
• Demonstrate a commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
• Execute the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Demonstrate a customer service mindset with actions and words
• Foster and maintain positive relationships with field personnel of all disciplines, engineers, vendors and landowners
• Efficiently perform trouble shooting and corrective maintenance tasks in a cost effective manner
• Knowledgeable on common oil and gas mechanical, control and pneumatic equipment such as: ball valves, Kimray and Norseal valves, trim and seats, dump valves, level controllers, water transfer pumps, pumping unit stuffing box, and compression equipment
• Repair or replace well site control on pneumatic equipment
• Perform work as scheduled by planner scheduler
• Secure and maintain all Company equipment, including but not limited to phone, computers, vehicles, and all other company tools and equipment
• Mentor and train newly hired and/or less experienced staff
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Basic understanding of industry terminology
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Basic computer skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and functions well within a team environment
• Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles, skid steer and manlift. Incumbent must meet requirements of Company Policy
• Capable of safely climbing stairs, ladders, fixed to various equipment during production operations
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.