Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Team Lead – Electrical Equipment, based in Aberdeen.
* Develop and maintain a rolling 12 monthly strategic continuous improvement plan targeting proactive/preventative maintenance in line with company goals;
* Ensure all workscopes are appropriately prepared and readiness checked prior to start (via direct reports) as part of operational excellence expectation;
* Ensure offshore input is sought and incorporated into workscopes to provide fit for purpose solutions;
* Ensure post job evaluations are undertaken and lessons learned effectively captured for use on next similar event;
* Managing Corrective and Preventative backlog within targets;
* Managing safety and production threats related to discipline;
* Ensure criticality reviews are appropriately resourced and consistently maintained up to date in alignment with MMS philosophy;
* Apply and direct sufficient and appropriate resource to review PMs/APMs and spares management as required;
* Assist/lead Root Cause / Root Cause Failure Analysis in-house or with external vendor;
* Oversee the preparation of annual budgets for the Electrical Equipment discipline, effectively monitor spend and manage change to maintain forecast inline (or better than) budget and work closely with Business Analysts to provide cost forecasts;
* Seek and promote proven innovative technologies for improved efficiency, data quality assurance and cost effectiveness in all areas relative to operations maintenance;
* Promote all of the above to the team members to embed this as normal business practice and as development measures for contract and staff reports.
* Continuously promote, utilise and improve on the MMS system (presently Maximo) in all areas of scheduling, material readiness and lessons learned;
* Minimum of 4 offshore visits per annum which includes one to each operating asset;
* DR’s, Vendor and Supplier visits will also be required;
* Manage (appraise and support the continual development of) direct reports;
* Ensure direct reports maintain appropriate competencies within discipline;
* Oversee and ensure offshore staff competencies are maintained and developed;
* Effectively manage (including auditing of) existing supplier and services contracts;
* Manage renewal assessment and invitation for new contracts (tender bid evaluation);
* Ensure document relevant to discipline are managed through regular and adhoc reviews;
* Provision of in-house and ad-hoc supply of resources to expedite support of particular issues across all operated and non-operated assets as required;
* Support (or ensure the provision of appropriate support through line reports) on legislative inspections (and reacting to any resulting recommendations), legislative changes and guidance notes specific to discipline;
* Ensure verification and SCE/ECE related aspects are continuously well managed to remove operating risks or manage same to acceptable levels and time periods;
* Liaise with the Maintenance Superintendent on all aspects of the above by way of reporting, consistency and clarification where required;
* Act as DOA for Maintenance Superintendent when required
Experience & Qualifications:
* Ability to provide positive and constructive feedback;
* Approachable on all aspects of suggestions, staff issues and personal performance feedback;
* Willingness to commit and support critical tasks out with normal office hours.
* Proactive attitude and behaviours;
* Familiarity with assessment tools for likelihood of failure, consequence of failure and appropriate risk mitigation methods specific to the discipline equipment on the assets;
* Proven capability in strategic approach to maintenance management (assessing cost benefit analysis of preventative maintenance and spares management);
* Budget Preparation and Management;
* MMS revision and update experience;
* Well established skills in Microsoft Office;
* Capable of interpreting and discussing Condition Based Monitoring results on a technical level
* Fact based decision maker;
* Ability to recognise where data may not be sufficient to support key decisions;
* Effective and clear communicator;
* Ability to direct a team with clear accountabilities, ownership and empowerment.
* HNC/HND and proven off/onshore experience in an appropriate field;
* Strong proven experienced background in maintenance planning for AC and DC Electrical Equipment including HV & LV Generation, Transformers and Distribution, HV Prime Movers and the mechanical components within, LV motors and drives, all ancillaries eg protection systems, load-shed, emergency generation, UPS, shutdown hierarchy philosophies and electrical controls systems;
* Working knowledge and previous certification on Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas/Ex/ATEX.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/050305.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.