Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Manager – Global Mobility on a permanent basis based in London (Jermyn St), UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Will have a high degree of professional specialist expertise in GM and lead the global mobility team in Chennai and the new Petrofac global mobility company (PGMC) in the UAE.
- Require planning and longer-term tactical focus Responsible for the consistent implementation of global mobility policies and processes to support the business.
- Responsible for effective and strategic global mobility partnering with HR Leads, HRBPs, and business heads.
- Responsible for ensuring that the global mobility team provides employees with a positive global mobility experience.
- Responsible for advice on and the management of global mobility decisions for the businesses including a consideration of tax and social security efficiencies.
- Provide challenge and guidance to HR and the business.
- Educate stakeholders on global mobility and the benefits of the new GM framework.
- Create a collaborative global framework that works closely with wider teams, including Reward, Tax and Legal teams to create forward looking solutions that are globally consistent and regionally tailored where appropriate.
- Provide meaningful analytics around global mobility for the Group Head of HR
- Develop ethos of a light touch approach but continuous improvement within the GM function.
- Leverage Chennai resource models to improve service delivery and reduce administrative costs.
- Develop the capacity and capability of the GM team and be responsible for the alignment of their areas with broader organisational objectives. Able to influence outcomes within broad policies.
- Support the HR team in enforcing global mobility policy consistently throughout the Petrofac group.
- Support new country strategy presenting alternative employment models for mobile employees.
- Work with the Global Reward team across individual mobility cases and in the input of mobility into Reward projects
- Deliver presentations to HR teams and senior management on global mobility policy.
- Identify opportunities to make global mobility more transparent to employees and better enable the Company to improve employee engagement, become an Employer of Choice and support the company’s growth and strategic plan.
- Monitor and assess market competitiveness on GM policies.
- Work with Group Reward to carry out analyses of market competitiveness around GM.
- Remain up to date with market intelligence on GM practices.
- Work collaboratively with wider HR teams (payroll, shared services, ) and other key stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Comms) to influence and implement decisions/ projects.
- Working (not detailed) knowledge of all aspects of global mobility – expat policies, short term and long-term assignments, tax, social security, immigration, payroll, and cross charging.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree with relevant years of mobility experience.
- Good understanding of the challenges for employees in moving to harsh locations.
- Understanding the practical aspects of global mobility: relocation, work permits and family moves.
- Knowledge of mobility and project workers moving across borders.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of financial impact of actions.
- Able to be an effective member of a leadership team within HR.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.