ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The HR Manager position is a key business partner role that supports multiple business leaders and their organizations within Global Production and functions. The role will support various client groups which may include Gulf of Mexico, Bakken Well Factory, Infrastructure, Land, Commercial, Onshore or Offshore GOM facilities, Production Support, and or EHS. The HR Manager provides a consultative HR service and is responsible for the delivery of all core HR activities, whether delivered personally, through Centers of Expertise (Specialist Teams), contractors, or vendors.
The incumbent must work effectively with all levels of the client organizations as well as partner functionally with HR specialists, in identifying people issues, formulating workable solutions, and be part of planning, design and execution of HR programs. Key responsibilities typically lie in the following areas: workforce planning and budgeting, team effectiveness, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, employment policies & practices, talent acquisition, talent management, retention and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), Digital and others.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with business managers to develop and drive a people agenda that optimizes talent, structure, processes and culture in support of delivering the business plan
- Advises and counsels managers on matters related to identifying and attracting key talent, developing succession plans, utilizing recognition and rewards, and helping managers drive performance improvement and career growth within their teams.
- Takes initiative to enhance opportunities to improve organizational culture, engagement and inclusion.
- Improve manager capability through coaching and identification of leadership development needs.
- Delivers high quality HR processes through partnership with HR colleagues in Compensation, Talent Management and Acquisition, Benefits and HR Services
- Counsels managers and employees on a variety of HR activities such as workforce planning, performance management, development, investigations/discipline etc.
- Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of proposed state and federal laws/regulations that affect the organization.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant HR Generalist experience
- Experience in operations preferred and a background of working with a diverse employee population both in Production and support functions
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and results driven
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, multiple and diverse client groups, and drive issues to closure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business with evolving priorities
- Influence positive outcomes, share insights and opinions on business/HR related matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to effectively communicate with management, technical and operations staff at all levels
- Ability to influence and drive continuous process improvement
- Skilled to plan, coach, lead or facilitate the implementation of behavioral, cultural, organizational, process, or technical changes
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix/multidiscipline team environment.
- Microsoft Word (intermediate), Excel (advanced), PowerPoint (advanced)
- Light travel for field visits as required including offshore facilities as needed
Education, Training & Certifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, in any discipline
- Master’s or advanced degree and/or PHR or SPHR certification a plus
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut | Employee | Human Resources | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26437
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.
Be the first to comment