• Develop consistent and realistic long and short term operational plans for the Department in line with the Division objectives and manage the implementation of the approved long and short term plans and ensure they are effectively converted into its performance objectives to realise the Division Objectives and established service levels.
Budgets and Operational Plans
• Develop and manage the Department annual budget in line with the Division’s business objectives and operational plans ensuring that adequate funding provision is made for all Department activities.
• Monitor expenditure against approved Department budget on a regular basis; investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Develop and implement appropriate Department policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls, Company guidelines in order to support execution of the Division’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the development of the Division’s KPI’s and ensure proper cascade of the Performance objectives within the Department and establish monitoring mechanisms to ensure delivery of these objectives and promote a performance driven culture.
• Manage the implementation of the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Department in accordance with Company approved guidelines.
• Develop knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Department and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Department in coordination with the Human Capital to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Organisation Structure and Development
• Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Department that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
• Contribute and support establishment of a Corporate Integrated Risk Management System within the Department, while identifying and assessing relevant domain risks and implement measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks within the Department.
• Communicate corporate business ethics and Company’s Code of Conduct to employees within the Department and ensure compliance to the Corporate Policies and guidelines.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Promote an organisation culture that encourages innovation, enhances employee motivation and supports initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve the Department operations and services.
• Recommend improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Department.