Wells & Reservoir Management (WRM) makes up together with Subsurface Development and Well Planning the three pillars of DNO’s subsurface management of its substantial fractured carbonate fields in Kurdistan (KRI); one of it having a gas injection scheme in operation, the first and still only one in KRI making DNO’s operations a highly visible and essential one for the government and DNO. As WRM Manager you will lead a team of professionals to monitor and optimize the production output from the existing well stock on a daily basis, will identify well production/ injection improvement opportunities and will collaborate with your key stakeholders in the further subsurface development of DNO’s assets. Your and your team’s work will have a direct and significant impact on the business success and long term future of DNO in KRI.
- Optimize daily well production and gas injection in all DNO operated fields
- Identify, analyse and prioritize production and injection improvement opportunities for execution
- Develop and implement reservoir surveillance and metering programs
- Manage reservoir performance analysis toolbox of analytical, numerical and data analytics applications
- Contribute to successful further subsurface asset development
- Lead and manage WRM team, interfaces with key stakeholders and collaboration in cross-functional projects
- Reporting and presentation
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally MSc Petroleum Engineering or, as minimum, BS degree in Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent)
- 15+ years’ experience in the E&P Industry. Extensive experience with an operator and/ or relevant service company
- Extensive experience in operational reservoir and production engineering in fractured carbonates, in mid-life cycle and mature assets
- Hands-on experience in implementation and monitoring of Improved Oil Recovery schemes (gas/ water injection)
- Thorough knowledge of practical subsurface and well related data acquisition, reservoir surveillance and metering
- Knowledge in data analytics applications in upstream operations/ reservoir management
- Awareness and understanding of other subsurface disciplines including reservoir characterization and static/ dynamic modeling
- Experience in leading small to mid-size teams in a challenging environment
- Solid technical competency
- Performance focused
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Flexible, adaptable, problem solving, resourceful
- Good interpersonal, presentation, communication and reporting skills (fluency in verbal and written English language), including recognition of sensitivities in multi-cultural work environments
- Good organizational skills to plan and execute multiple work scopes concurrently
- Ability to work independently, in team and across functional groups
- Initiative and desire to learn and expand within role
- Open to business travel and short term in-country assignments in Kurdistan region of Iraq.
The role reports to Tawke PSC Asset Manager and based in Dubai, UAE. The work schedule will be Monday to Friday from 8AM to 5PM on a continuous contract.
Interest candidates suitable for the role please apply with a PDF version of the CV.
To apply for this job please visit dno.easycruit.com.