At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Our Global Business Center (GBC) in Budapest was established in 2004. Our diverse and multinational workforce of ~2,000 fellow colleagues has been powering ExxonMobil’s global businesses ever since. We are proud to work in an inclusive, safe, and vibrant work environment and we are aiming to provide an exciting, long term career to all our employees. We develop together, we grow together. Proudly awarded as Responsible employer of the year and received HRKomm award for Diverse workplace and award for Ergonomic program.
WHAT ROLE YOU WILL PLAY IN OUR TEAM:
ExxonMobil is an international company, ranked among the top Fortune 100 employers offering diverse career experiences with global scope and scale.
We are seeking motivated and energetic candidates to join our talented team as a Marine Claims Analyst or Advisor within our Marine Claims division in Budapest Hungary. ExxonMobil’s Global Marine Claims division consists of a team of 70 professionals accountable for analyzing and negotiating approx. 20,000 marine demurrage (delay) and oil loss claims annually associated with ExxonMobil’s global trading and sales and purchase activity transported on bulk liquid and gas tankers.
Candidates should hold a university degree in disciplines associated with commercial marine shipping, supply chain or logistics and have relevant experience in supply chain or logistics activities including marine cargo claims.
Marine Claims Analyst/Advisor plays a crucial role in ensuring claims are reviewed, calculated, filed, negotiated, and settled in line with terms and conditions in a timely manner. They are responsible for all aspects of demurrage and oil loss expense recovery including the use of ExxonMobil claims system (VIP/Veson) and other operating systems.
The role provides extensive opportunities hone and develop personal negotiation skills, commercial acumen, commercial contract structures as well as opportunities to grow and learn about commercial trade flows and the business of marine shipping. Marine Claims Analysts/Advisors work closely with ExxonMobil traders, schedulers and marine coordinators while also interfacing with external counterparts around the globe.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Accountable for ensuring claims within your claims book do not time bar, filed accurately and settlements within targets
- Research and analyze contract terms to validate claims filed against ExxonMobil by other counterparties
- Calculate laytime and file demurrage claims against counterparties and affiliates when demurrage is owed to ExxonMobil as a recoverable expense
- Negotiate with external counterparties ensuring ExxonMobil’s exposures are minimized and claims are settled within contract terms
- Active engage with external counterparties and internal affiliates including traders and suppliers to drive closure of claims ensuring claims do not remain open longer than targets
- As owner of your claims book, use claims and trade knowledge to actively identify areas of value leakage and opportunities to minimize demurrage exposure
- Timely escalation of claims settlement challenges with management, traders and affiliate contacts as appropriate
- Authority to approve payments of settled claims
- Initiate and implement work process improvements
ABOUT YOU: SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Hold a BSc, BA or MSc degrees with marine commercial operations, supply chain or logistics disciplines
- Marine shipping, Supply Chain and Logistics work experience preferred
- Minimum 3yrs experience with demurrage claims required for Advisor role
- Strong negotiation and commercially intense mindset
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking, comfortable speaking with external counterparties often sitting in other countries
- VIP or SAP experience is an advantage
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life. ExxonMobil Hungary offers a variety of benefits to support and protect your health and financial wellbeing.
From Day 1:
- Premium+: Annual bonus to recognize active service with ExxonMobil on top of your competitive pay
- Private Health insurance and Employee assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to enhance communication and language skills, job specific and broader trainings, mentoring, self-development opportunities, tuition assistance program supporting studies with business relevance
- Wellness programs with a wide range of activities including ergo breaks, ergonomics support, office yoga, massage and much more!
With Continued employment:
- Voluntary Pension Fund (after 3 months of employment)
- Cafeteria (after 3 months of employment)
- Service Awards (at key service anniversary milestones)
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.
Be the first to comment