- Vacancy information
We are looking for a fantastic Marine Technical Assistant to join our Offshore Resources team at our Westhill, Aberdeenshire office on a full time, staff basis.
Reporting to the Marine Systems Technical Authority, the Marine Technical Assistant is part of the Technical & Engineering team responsible for the administration and tracking of rotating critical spares within the fleet and general support within the company planned maintenance system across the fleet(s). The role will act as a technical administrator for all Subsea7 assets specifically focused on maintenance, inventory and technical documentation within the management system. The job holder will have a good knowledge of Ship systems, maintenance, inventory, and administration for the management of sea going assets.
What will you be doing?
- Establish administration work flows and acutely manage rotational spares and equipment within the PMS. Ensuring locations are accurate and up to date. Namely, but not limited to; Thrusters, Turbo Chargers, ROV and Dive Umbilicals
- Support both technical personnel onboard the vessels and the onshore Equipment Managers/Superintendents as required
- Work with the company PMS applications to collate equipment information, build an equipment structure and record equipment maintenance plans
- Contribute to the development of PMS implementation procedures, including philosophy, hierarchy and content
- Contribute to ensuring that PMS documentation accurately reflects the planned maintenance procedures in use both onboard the vessels and in the office
- Assist in the review of outstanding failure reports, with root causes and trends, and sharing fleet improvements from incidents and lessons learned
- Oversee technical library and team worksite within Share point. Providing significant administration support in updating internal documentation, OEM bulletins and technical memorandum
- Support report generation from TM Master and associated dashboards. Particular to KPI’s, Failure reports and overdue maintenance
- Participation in QA audits both internal and external
- Promote planned maintenance across the fleet and encourage users to engage with the systems/procedures in place
What experience would we like you to have?
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
- A graduate or junior engineer in engineering/technical studies
- Holds a good understanding and working knowledge of maintenance and spares inventory
- A bias related to ship systems, technical management, and planned maintenance systems. (Ideally TM Master)
- Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
- Strong organisational skills with a collaborative and explorative nature
- Self-starter with the ability to ‘think out of the box’ and radicalise improvement opportunities
- Worked previously or presently working within a vessel operator’s technical department, or looking to move to ashore
- Experience of the main Microsoft software packages
- Some database experience in the offshore or maritime industries
What do we offer?
- Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development
- Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
- A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Who are we?
We are Subsea7, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. We make offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy.
At Subsea7, we are looking for people who think differently. We want people who can bring new ideas and who are willing to take on challenges that will enable us to make a positive impact on a global stage.
In turn we will lift you up and encourage you to go further. Onshore or offshore, embark on a journey of opportunities, continuous learning and development.
Start your journey with us today.
An environment where you can thrive
We recognise that having a diverse team makes us a better, smarter team. Diversity is something we value and regard it as key to our success.
We encourage new ways of thinking and celebrate our wide range of skills that help us continually challenge the status quo and inspire innovation. An inclusive and diverse environment fosters creativity, improves decision-making and introduces new ways of thinking.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Subsea7 and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Fair employment practices, fair treatment for all individuals and equal opportunity on the basis of merit are the foundation of how we work and develop together.
What happens next?
If you would like to apply for this role, simply click the Apply button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to help you submit a successful application:
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- We would encourage you to include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
To find out more about Subsea7 visit our website here.
You can also follow us on our social channels Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.