We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
By joining our team in Legal you will have the opportunity to:
- Work as a maritime lawyer, primarily supporting Equinor’s global liquids trading business and shipping activities.
- Work closely with the trading and supply business units to provide timely and appropriate legal and contractual advice in connection with oil and gas sales and related commercial transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of charterparty agreements, and other commercial shipping contracts; in addition to advising on, and responding to, time critical shipping and trading operational incidents and disputes.
- Draft, review and negotiate midstream, shipping, storage, and terminal contracts and related service agreements to support the complete sales, trading and supply service requirements globally.
- Assess conditions of sales to/from customers and Incoterms.
- Provide advice to trading, operations and finance departments in contract matters.
- Work in an international environment and collaborate closely with colleagues and counterparties globally.
- Develop as a maritime lawyer within a dynamic and international legal team.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Law degree, preferably a qualified lawyer.
- Relevant experience preferable working primarily within commodity trading and/or shipping.
- While we are looking for you who are an experienced and established maritime lawyer, we are also considering hiring an aspiring maritime lawyer with a passion for contracts, the maritime/trading and a willingness to learn on the job, through training and from experienced colleagues.
- Preferable with experience in drafting and advising on international commodity sales contracts, including shipping terms, from the oil/gas market, shipping industry or legal practice.
- Preferable with experience in dry shipping.
- Written and oral fluency in English language required.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.