Date: Jul 18, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon Oil is seeking an individual experienced in SAP master data creation and maintenance processes to support Accounting. This position will be primarily responsible for creation and maintenance of vendors and cost centers in SAP and other impacted applications. This role requires a proactive individual who can ensure compliance with established procedures and can work under time constraints. Collaboration, attention to detail, communication, and a high level of initiative to resolve issues is required.
- Evaluate and process new cost centers and changes to existing cost centers. Validate critical cost center attributes before finalizing the requests in SAP.
- Create JOA and JV for well cost center requests (Lagniappe, Quorum). Ensure appropriate equity type and other attributes are selected.
- Coordinate updates to interrelated master data across affected applications as part of cost center processes (MDG tool/SAP/Quorum/Lagniappe).
- Prepare, analyze, and action monthly Master Data Surveillance report for cost centers.
- Address reported MUWI discrepancies between SAP and TDM. Coordinate necessary updates with IT.
- Support business developments from a master data perspective (eg, farmout developments, etc.). Work with Division Order to establish appropriate equity types for JV wells.
- Evaluate and process new vendor requests and changes to existing vendors. Understand critical attributes and ensure compliance with SOX controls.
- Contact vendors to verify critical information.
- Document exceptions to established procedures when appropriate. Communicate and update the vendor exceptions log for review.
- Update vendors per Compliance organization requests.
- Coordinate and process vendor-customer corrections between SAP/Quorum.
- Process vendor bank activation and edits in SAP.
- Prepare bi-weekly cost center report for HR. Address questions on active personnel cost centers.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet flux report. Document variance explanations and facilitate a review meeting.
- Provide support to audit, perform walkthroughs, and update flowcharts.
- Assist in various training initiatives.
Degree: Bachelor’s in Accounting / Business / MIS
Work Experience: 3+ years of related experience in SAP
Systems: Proficiency in Excel, SAP is required, Quorum is a plus
Other: Oil and Gas experience is a plus
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 31175 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
ERP, SAP, Compliance, Equity, Banking, Technology, Legal, Finance
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.