Date: Jul 18, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
This position will be responsible for collaborating with the business to manage master data changes pertinent to the Enterprise Chart of Accounts in compliance with MDG standards. This position also coordinates maintenance and development related to Business Warehouse (BW) reports to ensure changes are implemented consistently across all reporting platforms. The successful applicant will be responsible for time-writing activities and providing monthly business close support. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication, collaboration, and project management skills to realize deliverables on a timely basis.
- Evaluate requests for master data additions or changes to the Enterprise Chart of Accounts. This requires a comprehensive understanding of account attributes and impacts on reporting.
- Create new accounts in SAP and ensure full functionality across modules. Prepare and distribute monthly communication on GL accounts.
- Create and maintain group accounts that host multiple GL accounts. Update SAP reporting structures that are based on group accounts.
- Provide monthly support to accounting close activities (cutback, project settlement, etc.) in relation to GL accounts and cost elements.
- Assist with coordinating changes to Enterprise BW reports including determining scope of change requests and coordinating development and testing to ensure consistent implementation across all reporting platforms (SAP, BW, BPC, Anaplan, and SCORE).
- Provide BW training and individual BW user support when appropriate.
- Serve as primary analyst for time-writing charges and manday rate calculation.
- Provide monthly business close support including overseeing the time-writing process and user support.
- Ensure compliance with key SOX controls associated with MDG processes and serve as primary contact for auditor testing of control compliance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, establish and execute plans to meet deadlines with a focus on details.
Education: Degree in Accounting, Business, Information Systems preferred.
Computer Proficiencies: Proficiency in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) / Analysis for Excel, SAP, Excel.
Other: Project management skills, analytical skills for accounting/reporting.
Work Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years accounting and reporting preferred.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 31176 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
SAP, ERP, Project Manager, Compliance, Warehouse, Technology, Legal, Manufacturing
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.