Date: May 12, 2023
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon Oil is seeking a measurement analyst to provide support for measurement activities surrounding ongoing field development. The primary focus of this role is management and reporting of meter accuracy and efficiency with the utilization of the FLOWCAL application. The selected candidate will apply sound knowledge and technical skills in evaluating and managing production data within the FLOWCAL database.
The role will require close interfaces with measurement technicians, measurement supervisors, and field production data management technicians to help to optimize the quality and accuracy of production data. This position will also require working with various support teams in Houston to ensure efficient delivery of requested information. Effective communication and organization skills are a must.
- Run FLOWCAL exception resolver daily and work to resolve identified exceptions weekly
- Utilize historical data and analytical experience to estimate production data that cannot be recovered
- Maintains and evaluates facility balancing on a weekly/monthly basis
- Works closely with the production data management team members to ensure production data across the asset is consistent and accurate
- Imports and evaluate meter proving, meter calibration, and liquid and gas analyses to ensure data quality and conformance with contractual obligations
- Completes end of month close processes
- Creates and tracks field measurement issues
- Works independently with minimal guidance
- Publish clear, concise, and timely communication on measurement and product validation activities
- Capable of multi-tasking numerous projects and working within deadlines
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- 1 – 2 years oil and gas production experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suit of products and intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Field visits 1x per year
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills. Good documentation skills required to support analysis and problem resolution.
- Experience in use of FLOWCAL products
- Experience with Spotfire
- Oil and gas experience in the production operations or measurement fields
- Basic understanding of gas and liquid measurement
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 31642 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Database, ERP, Data Management, Technology, Data
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.