Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
This position will be responsible for providing technical measurement support to field operations, engineers, measurement analysts, and other industry related disciplines. Responsibilities of the position will include, but are not limited to:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use (and sometimes build) measurement data system tools and reports to analyze volume and quality data, to optimize measurement accuracy.
- Monitor, coach and develop measurement technicians and measurement analysts.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with regulatory bodies with regard to measurement compliance (including but not limited to BLM, Texas RRC, NDIC, and NMAC)
- Realize the importance of customer relationships and responding to their needs appropriately.
- Clearly communicate with outside groups – customers, suppliers, contractors, and vendors.
- Recognize and react to problems before small measurement problems become major problems.
- Collaborate with leader to properly prioritize work
- Understand cost control and budgets
- Work effectively and cooperatively with different personalities
- Accept accountability for all aspects of job performance
- Value experiences and contributions of others
- Promote and train personnel on integrity of meter and volume information in measurement data systems
- Create, review, and distribute various analytical data and reports needed to validate the accuracy of measurement data.
- Understand, communicate, and trouble-shoot operational concerns and allocation support to accounting, field measurement and operations personnel
- Can understand and troubleshoot complex gas and oil balancing issues
- Resolve and track custody transfer/volume recovery issues in compliance with measurement specifications, codes, safety standards and operating procedures
- Work in conjunction with third party interconnecting companies to resolve measurement discrepancies.
- Work with SCADA, field operations and measurement technicians to establish meter stations, connect EFMs, maintain and reliably collect current and historical meter information for use in the verification of gas and liquid volumes for daily and monthly accruals and allocations.
- Work closely with and provides input to measurement vendors, engineers, and marketers to establish and enforce effective measurement standards.
- Work with various engineering groups to advise on appropriate measurement equipment to include fit for purpose, sizing and maintenance requirements
Education and/or experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- ≥5 years field operations measurement experience to include familiarity with various meter, transmitter, and flow computer types, brands and models
- Familiarity with existing API, GPA and AGA measurement standards and how they apply to operations
- FLOWCAL experience reviewing meter configurations and associated volumetric data
- TESTit experience entering or reviewing meter maintenance data and scheduling
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude for analyzing data
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and work well with other stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift rapidly
- Excel, Visio, PowerBI, Spotfire, SQL familiarity/skills are not required, but preferred
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.