ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia. Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
These are field leadership roles responsible for both being frontline supervisor to other mechanics, as well as, performing mechanic duties for rotating equipment maintenance within midstream gas compression / gathering assets [for Lead Mechanic, it will be a daily expectation for being a frontline supervisor; for an “A” Mechanic this will be as needed]. This includes working on various equipment types such as pumps, compressors, engines, motors, blower, and fans. Responsibilities include interaction with technical specialists, engineering, planning, scheduling, and supply chain to support continuous improvement of equipment reliability and minimizing equipment downtime.
The primary responsibilities for these roles include:
- Lead, assign, review and participate in equipment maintenance activities with both Hess and contractor personnel. Lead Mechanic, it will be a daily expectation to lead, assign, and review; for an “A” Mechanic, this will be as needed.
- Being a safety leader through ensuring safety procedures, best practices and standard work are followed. This includes leading / participating in pre-job planning, permit creation, post job after action review, reporting of all safety / environmental events, communication with other work crews to manage SIMOPs, and related activities (Train, Coach, Mentor team members on):
- Company safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Maintenance procedures from energy isolation through to work order history documentation (e.g. as found, as left documentation in SAP).
- Overall competency development
- Document work order history to include all relevant documentation including as-found / as-left data
- Provide feedback to maintenance planning, scheduling, and supply chain to ensure continuous improvement with maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong continuous improvement capabilities and/or ability to learn following skills:
- Support standardized work development
- Continuously seek to make standardized work more efficient and safer while ensuring work quality
- Lead structured problem solving using 5-Whys
- Demonstrates Leading at Hess Competencies including but not limited to:
- Able to build and maintain a positive and safety-based team culture
- Focus for and capability to coach/mentor/develop team members including ability to respectfully hold personnel accountable for their daily duties and resolve conflict as it arises
- Able to influence without authority and lead change with other work groups
- Field based role (Keene) with 9/80 work schedule
- Perform millwright functions in inspection, repair, troubleshoot, overhaul, setting up, and maintaining equipment such as gas compressors, air compressors, pumps (centrifugal and positive displacement), natural gas engines, fin fans, gear boxes, electric motors, valves and basic control systems.
- Types of equipment include: Pumps: (Goulds, Clyde Union, Viking, Moyno)
- Positive Displacement Compressors: (Ariel, Dresser- Rand, Newmann and Esser, Howden, Sulliar, Frick)
- Centrifugal Compressors: (Elliott, Solar, Atlas Copco, Quincy)
- Natural Gas Engines: (Caterpillar, Waukesha)
- Demonstrates competency to read and interpret: pipe specs, P&IDs, PFDs, mechanical drawings, and product manuals to repair equipment
- Proficient use of precision machinist tools and able to operate a forklift, bridge crane, JLG, or other motorized equipment
- Strong SAP skills (e.g. able to plan work orders, search materials, review work schedules)
- Able to work overtime and rotating call-out support
- Must be willing and able to work in North Dakota operations locations, both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures
- Strong knowledge of applicable EHS procedures/practices such as Permit to Work, Energy Isolation, Respiratory Protection, PPE, Emergency Response
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to lead, coach, and train others
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or technical degree preferred
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Hina Patel | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| North Dakota | Keene | | | | | No | 26445
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.
Be the first to comment