ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Mechanical Technician assures stable facility operation and assists with the delivery of production targets through competent operations and maintenance of the platform’s mechanical equipment.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Mechanical Technician has general responsibilities that include the following:
- Contributing to the safe and efficient operations through competent maintenance of rotating and static equipment on the asset.
- Executing work in accordance with regulatory requirements (API RP 14C and 30 CFR 250), company controls and guidelines
- Maintaining the capability to perform maintenance and troubleshoot mechanical and system issues for the following equipment:
- Rotating equipment (e.g., reciprocating engines, gas turbines, centrifugal and wet screw compressors, horizontal/vertical pumps and power generation)
- Non-rotating equipment support (e.g., inspection, maintenance, installation:pipework and valves/fittings)
- Static equipment (e.g., waste heat recovery units, heat exchangers, plate/frame, and tube/shell)
- Create and modify workorders and work packs, ensuring there are no gaps in SAP (task list, bill of materials, material masters) before execution.
- Assuring work permits, isolations, lift plans, JSA’s etc., are complete and properly executed for every required work order.
- Ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities as scheduled
- Routinely performing equipment repairs based on health checks in alignment with the GoM Condition-Based Monitoring Strategy (e.g., lube oil sampling analysis, vibration analysis, thermography, etc.)
- Assuring that planned and unplanned corrective maintenance is recorded and documented in SAP with a detailed scope of work.
- Develop standard work instructions (SWI’s) for maintenance activities to reduce reliance on third party contractors and advance the asset autonomous maintenance program.
- Responsible for quality assurance of materials and tools in scope of work prior to scheduling.
- Perform equipment audits to assure OEM recommended spare parts are in inventory and available to meet high reliability/availability for the asset.
- Understanding and complying with the Management of Change (eMoC) process for all procedural, equipment or process changes.
- Participating in the Hess Lean Continuous Improvement (CI) process to optimize maintenance strategy, defect elimination, bad actor identification, etc.
- Responsible for assuring any changes to mechanical standards, procedures, etc. comply with the management of change (eMOC) process
- Participant in knowledge transfer, best practices, etc with team members and mechanical technicians on other Hess operated facilities.
- Participating in meetings as designated by the agreed terms of reference (TORs) Safety
- The Mechanical Technician complies with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and regulatory requirements by:
- Participation in EHS rhythm meetings and initiatives, daily SIMOPS meeting, safety presentations, hazard hunts, etc.
- Complying with the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) and United States Coast Guard (USCG) regulations
- Participating in the safety observation card (SOC) and Behavioral Safety Observation program.
- Performing the assigned duties of a Permit Issuer or a Permit Holder in compliance with the Hess Permit to Work system (ePTW).
- Participation in the EHS continuous improvement process:
- Managing occupational health and safety risks to eliminate injuries,illness and incidents
- Assuring two-way dialogue with employees, contractors, and other stakeholders during pre-job planning, Job Safety Analyses (JSAs), toolbox talks, SIMOPS meeting and during the job
- Managing process safety risks, including environmental risks to reduce process upsets including spills, leaks, and flaring
- Participation as required member of the Emergency Response Team:
- Complying with the assigned responsibilities defined in each asset’s Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and the Emergency Evacuation Plan (EEP)
- Participation in emergency response exercises to assure a full understanding of the process and procedures
- Following the orders of the Incident Commander in the event of any emergency onboard the facility
The Mechanical Technician demonstrates a commitment for Quality/Delivery by delivering high reliability/availability for the asset.
• Assuring that the right parts (material masters and bill of materials) are correct in the work order and available to execute planned and unplanned maintenance of static and rotating equipment.
• Assuring that the right tools are available to safety execute planned and unplanned maintenance of static and rotating equipment.
• Creating/modifying standard work instructions (SWI’s) for executing work to a high standard the same way each time.
• Demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement by recommending changes to the maintenance strategy or planned maintenance frequency to optimize maintenance on the asset.
• Demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement and the aspiration of perfect work planning by red line or modifying standard work instructions, bill of materials, material master updates, etc.
• Complying with the requirements of the Hess Work Management process in SAP for all work orders on the asset (notifications, closeout, modifications, etc)
The Mechanical Technician shall possess competency and skills that include the following:
• Understanding and complying with BSEE GoM Regulatory Requirements as defined by Hess for competence requirements within this role/discipline
• Knowledge of SAP or other CMMS systems for maintenance of rotating and static equipment on the asset.
• Obtaining and maintaining Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
• Obtaining and maintaining Production Safety Systems training (T-2)
• Jointly agreeing upon annual performance objectives with the OL.
• Jointly agreeing upon a multiyear evergreen development plan with the OL for career development that enriches the individuals skills and contribution to the asset.
The Mechanical Technician shall meet core behavior requirements that include the following:
• Hess Way of Working Behaviors:
Executing work – 60%
Preplanning of work – 20%
Continuous improvement – 10%
Leadership/coaching – 10%
• Time allocation:
Deck time – 80%
Rhythm meetings – 10%
Other – Daily/Monthly reports, emails, desk time, hitch handovers, SAP (job planning) – 10%
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
• Builds Trusted Relationships
• Thinks Strategically
• Inspires Innovation
• Demonstrates Courage
• Drives Continuous Improvement
• Makes Quality Decisions
• Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Posting Notes: Catherine Nichols | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25817
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.