Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
The Mechanical Drafter II will be required to perform drafting functions for development of new and existing products using AutoCad and 3D parametric software. He/she may also be required to draft as-built equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides drafting support to the designers and engineers
• Produces accurate drawings which meet company drafting standards.
• Performs a preliminary self-check of drawings produced prior to submitting them to the drafting supervisor for approval.
• Assists designers and engineers with shop and field measurements of equipment.
• Participates in company safety meetings and safety awareness.
• Produces production drawings from redlines received from designers and engineers.
• Other duties maybe assigned.
• Knowledge of drilling practices and drilling rigs is a plus.
• General computer proficiency.
• Working knowledge of drafting principles as per ANSI Y14.5
• Competent in the use of engineering software such as Solid Edge, Solidworks, Inventor and AutoCad.
• Knowledge of manufacturing software
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in drafting or equivalent and 2-4 years drafting experience, or
- Associate’s degree in engineering technology or equivalent, or no degree with 4-6 years drafting experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to colleagues, customers and vendors.
- As per Associate degree requirements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Solidwork, Inventor, MS Word and MS Excel
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Valid passport
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.
: United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Drilling, USA) Houston Office
To apply for this job please visit nabors.taleo.net.