NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
We are looking for a skilled mechanical engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will be responsible for working on all stages of our production cycles, from research and design to manufacturing, installation, and evaluation.
To be successful as a mechanical engineer, you should be a highly creative individual with the ability to develop innovative solutions to our clients’ problems. The top candidate will also have the ability to communicate their technical ideas in a clear manner, both visually and verbally.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
• Designing, manufacturing, and installing components that fulfill requirements.
• Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them.
• Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs.
• Creating plans and designs using CAD technology.
• Estimating budgets and time scopes for each project.
• Writing technical documentation for machine operators.
• Ensuring that products meet compliance regulations.
• Collaborating with project managers and other engineers in our team.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
• APEGA registered P.Eng. in good standing, and a minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in the design, construction and operation of Western Canadian conventional oil and gas production facilities
• Experience in facilities process safety review through MOC, PHA, HAZOP, “What if” and other applicable techniques
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (master’s preferred).
• Experience working in the mechanical engineering field
• Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation
• Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Additional Experience Preferred:
*Gas and/or oil processing plus piping design experience
*Field-based operational or engineering support experience
*High proficiency in spreadsheets and engineering software applications.
Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5X2 (Monday to Friday – 8 hours/day).
- Travel to the field expected and required.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.