Occhiobello – Italy
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
Under the direction of the project manager or the mechanical team leader, the Mechanical Engineer provides innovative, cost effective and reliable solutions to the design, development or sustaining of new or improved products meeting the business needs. He or she develops and maintains design layouts, models, drawings and other documentation needed to define, produce and sustain the products, taking into consideration fabrication methods, and in compliance with applicable internal and external standards. He or she assists the project manager in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meet the project objectives in a timely fashion.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage Rapid Response projects including design, engineering, quotation, follow-up with Manufacturing, qualification, customer acceptance testing, commissioning and manual documentation updates.
- Manage sustaining engineering tasks including design and engineering, follow-up with Manufacturing, commissioning and manual documentation updates.
- Update associated business systems, GeMS and Onecat, with changes in product revisions and new products as they are engineered and manufactured.
- Track and document process engineering modifications, changes and costs.
- Support and coordinate WCP design and manufacturing standards.
- Maintain awareness with product center design, development and commercialization of new technology and equipment as these relate to WCP equipment.
- BS or MS: Mechanical, Aerospace, Subsea Engineering
- Fresh out or less than 3 years’ experience in the industry
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Good Knowledge of SolidWorks/ SolidEdge
- Mechanical system design
- CAD, drafting standards, tolerancing
- Electromechanical design
- Material sciences, material selection
- Structural analytical and finite element analysis
- Hydraulics computations
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.