Katy – United States
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Mechanical Engineer also assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
Location: Katy, TX
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Distill key technical details from the high-level requirements and understand the implication of each on the final product
- Design of packaging for electronics, sensors, and associated harness in the drilling tool.
- Produce quick prototypes for design evaluations (e.g., through 3D printing)
- Run simulations such as FEA
- Setup and run lab tests
- Knowledge of CAD software (Creo), simulation software (ANSYS) and MATLAB/Python will be important.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering with 3-5 years of direct experience
- Team player with ability to work in a fast pace, cross functional diverse environment
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer”. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to. We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information. SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.