Mechanical Engineer – Bits Sustaining
Houston – United States
Responsible for planning, organizing and executing design development projects related to drill bit products and components resulting in improvements in bit performance, reliability, cost, and manufacturability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides modeling & simulation analysis including CFD and FEA to support bits sustainability efforts.
- Relies upon first-hand investigations as well as various other sources of information to develop solutions to meet product performance objectives.
- Helps investigate, analyze root causes and implement corrective actions for product quality and reliability issues.
- Maintains effective communication channels with peers, product engineering, sales, R&D, product management, design implementation/drafting, manufacturing and others contributing to the design development effort.
- Documents work appropriately.
- Employs training courses, seminars and self-study for maintenance or enhancement of capabilities.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in designing, executing mechanical design projects preferably designing drill bits and down hole drilling tools.
- Alternatively, will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of related progressive engineering experience in design and development of mechanical design projects preferably designing drill bits and down hole drilling tools.
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.