Date: Sep 21, 2022
Dunn Center, ND, US, 58626
This position will provide direct supervision to all contractor personnel working on facility construction in the Dunn Center, ND area. The work includes supervisory responsibilities involving construction and maintenance activities, and will be supporting the ND Bakken Asset Team in supervising the construction, installation, and commissioning of the well site production facilities. This position places a very high value on safety culture and performance to ensure sustainable, strong HES performance on projects and operations & maintenance activities.
- Sets clear HES&S performance expectations with all contractors working on MOC facilities. Ensure all MOC HES&S policies and procedures are understood and maintained within construction activities.
- Enforces all MOC safety and administrative policies, procedures, and contract agreements.
- Fulfill all HES&S incident and near miss reporting obligations in a timely, accurate manner to provide adequate activity information to each department.
- Assist Marathon Construction Supervisor/Superintendent in planning and scheduling of all new construction and maintenance activities.
- Assist engineering in design reviews to build efficiencies in the construction designs and process.
- Manage construction projects in the field to ensure contractors are following bid documents maintaining schedule and minimizing change orders.
- Coordinates day to day construction activities and materials for time and material construction projects to streamline activities and ensure budgets are met.
- Responsible for Contractors and/or Company’s project schedule and ensures sufficiency of manpower and equipment to meet planned progress, anticipates lost progress and initiates schedule recovery plan with contractor.
- Supervise contractor activities in the building of facilities and equipment installation to insure the safest, most efficient, timely completion of tasks according to MOC policies and specifications.
- Provide coordination and oversite of multiple contractors and trades to maximize construction efficiency.
- Coordinate simultaneous operations with Drilling and Completions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Develop material lists and equipment data sheets for the equipment requirements of each job site and supervise the proper handling and reporting of purchased materials.
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineered drawings and P&ID’s.
- Ensure all jobs are performed in accordance with MOC engineering specifications, procedure and codes.
- Complete facility weld mapping and MTR documentation.
- Maintain up to date red line drawings to capture all field changes during construction.
- Complete all facility PSSR and equipment tracking documentation for facility builds
- Assist Operations in the maintenance of the equipment within the producing field facilities.
- Project integrity, stewardship, safety, and accountability in all MOC business transactions or related activities.
Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them to understand and retain the message.
Drive for Results
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Health, Environment and Safety (Leaders)
Promoting HES as a major aspect of business in the Company. Leading subordinates and peers in application of HES principles and programs companywide.
Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Degree: Not required
Experience Required: At least 5 years Supervisory experience with Oilfield Facility Construction. CPWI or CWI preferred but not required. Familiar with crane safety, operations and inspections.
Computer proficiencies: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, SAP Maintenance Management Software, Marathon Change Management Software.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Dunn Center || ND || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 31268 ||
Nearest Major Market: North Dakota
Facilities, Oil Field, ERP, Engineer, Change Management, Operations, Technology, Energy, Engineering, Management
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.