Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Mechanical Supervisor (Operation) to work within their facilities located in China for short term contract.
- Reporting to Maintenance Superintendent
- The Mechanical Supervisor will exhibit leadership, supervisory and safety behaviours and will specifically ensure that all aspects of Mechanical Maintenance are carried out safely. He is responsible for the effectiveness and competence of the mechanical team under his supervision.
- The Mechanical Supervisor is authorised to ensure the timely repair and maintenance of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Immediate Subordinates: Mechanics, visitors, vendor technicians, and sub contractors.
- Accountable For: Typical Responsibilities & Standards
1) Manage And Supervise Effectively
- Establish effective relationships with colleagues and subordinates.
- Establish scope of work clearly (briefings, toolbox talks, presentations.)
- Plan and control use of resources effectively. (Personnel, time, materials, transport, IT).
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analysing.
- Objective and consistent in assessment of subordinates using competence assessment system.
- Ensure all Maintenance (Routine and breakdown) is completed and recorded accurately and clearly
- Ensure all plant and machinery complies with Class and Inspections
2) Dismantle, Repair and Reassemble Mechanical Equipment.
- Identify potential sources of hazard prior to dismantling.
- Use correct procedures and correct method of dismantling.
- Carry out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure.
- Identify, check and prepare components.
- Make effective repairs without wasting resources
- Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective prior to reinstatement.
- Carry out test runs on equipment by agreement with Operations
- Clearly record any checks and actions taken in work history/log
3) Condition Monitor Mechanical Equipment.
- Obtain and check equipment datum point for condition monitoring purposes
- Set up and use condition monitoring equipment correctly
- Obtain accurate readings and record in database
4) Diagnose faults in Mechanical Equipment.
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
- Select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically.
- Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take.
- Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
5) Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Ensure that controlled discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to Management
- System Procedures.
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Resources such as PPE materials tools and spares are not wasted or used inefficiently
6) Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Work area within your own responsibility is kept clean and free of hazards.
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behaviours
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor.
7) Emergency Response
- Show competence during drills and exercises.
- Perform Emergency Response Role Competently
- Applicants shall be China nationality.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in mechanical Engineering preferred. OR Chief Engineer Certificate as per STCW Reg
- Minimum 5 years offshore experience of which 3 must be at supervisor level
- Extensive experience in maintenance of oil pumps, gas compressors (reciprocating and centrifugal), water injection pumps, and power generation equipment
- FPSO experience desirable
- Fully experienced with PTW and Risk Assessment Techniques
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Good safety behaviour and supervisory skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in
- English language. Clear understanding of personnel behavioural and team issues. Capable of motivating teams. Flexible in applying different approaches to work demands.
- IT: Good familiarity with computerised maintenance recording systems. Practical familiarity with standard Office’ software package. Operation and us e of Internet and electronic mail system.
- Having a good level of English proficiency.
- We regret to inform that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.