Clairmont – Canada
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of equipment as per operational demands. The Mechanical Technician improves maintenance related nonproductive time ratio of the Product Line’s assets within the Maintenance Base (MB) and improves maintenance efficiency and people productivity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain assigned equipment according to the pertinent maintenance program and compliant with the reliability centered maintenance strategy through adherence to the Computerized Maintenance Management System and standard work.
- Adhere to transactional discipline within Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM) business systems to record materials and supplies, labor costs and equipment maintenance performance history such as movements, work orders, parts used and time to maintain.
- Comply with TLM Product Line standards.
- Participate in the continuous improvement culture, initiatives and improvement plans within the MB to improve asset utilization and cost of service delivery (CoSD).
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to improve asset turnaround time, which includes reducing downtime due to maintenance, parts and repair authorization numbers, failures and work-in-process.
- Support continuous improvement efforts to improve the efficiency and productivity of Maintenance Technicians.
- Implement CoSD projects, such as the planned repair and reuse of parts.
- Participate in failure investigations as assigned.
- Comply with the TLM Competency Management System.
Previous experience and competencies:
- College Diploma or Associate Degree (Mechanical), equivalent experience including military experience will be considered.
- Previous maintenance experience in the oilfield is a plus
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Good computer skills.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Canada, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.