Petrofac is looking to recruit a Mechanical Technician to join our Petrofac Facilities Management Limited based in Aberdeen, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a respected international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility they need.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. Applications are also welcomed from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Main purpose of the role:
- To maintain the process plant and associated equipment in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with all statutory requirements
- Carry out planned preventative, remedial and breakdown maintenance in accordance with Repsol Sinopec’s maintenance management system.
- Carry out mechanical maintenance activities as follows
- Complete preventative and remedial maintenance in accordance with Maximo schedule and work instructions, with particular emphasis on safety critical activities
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all site equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner and carry out and apply effective fault finding and investigation techniques
- Carry out major services, overhauls and intrusive maintenance on site equipment
- Carry out and participate in Root Cause Analysis to improve equipment reliability
- Ensure comprehensive work history is recorded in Maximo and any follow up work and material required is identified
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handovers are carried out at shift and crew change
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in cost or time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management
- Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Participate in PFM competence scheme including any multi skilled role in accordance with the relevant competence framework
- Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success
- Create, maintain & enhance effective working relations and identify and minimise interpersonal conflict
- Maintain effective communication with all work colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and be able to apply it in the workplace.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar offshore role
- Previous experience with Maximo or similar CMMS
- Computer literate including use of Microsoft office suite.
- Core Trade NSVQ (Level 3) Certification or Equivalent
- TMJI 10 Hand Torque Flange (Stage 3 Initial / 4 Re-assessment)
- TMJI 11 Hand Torque Clamp (Stage 3 Initial / 4 Re-assessment)
- TMJI 19 Hydraulic Torque Flange (Stage 3 Initial / 4 Re-assessment)
- TMJI 20 Hydraulic Torque Clamp (Stage 3 Initial / 4 Re-assessment)
- Laser Alignment
- Mechancial Isolations
- ISSoW – Permit Vision software training
- Lubrication Appreciation – RSRUK Level 2
Closing Date: 04 June 2022
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.