Our clients INEOS are currently recruiting for Mechanical Workpack Specialists to join their team based in Grangemouth on a contract basis. A successful candidate will have a relevant trade qualification and relevant TAR experience ideally. Please see below for the job spec:
• Reporting to the TAR Lead the Mechanical Workpack Specialist will provide engineering expertise and technical support to the TAR team.
• This is in support of large Turnarounds planned to take place.
• Each TAR will have approximately 500 workpacks that will require Mechanical input or lead
• The role will require some periods of flexible working to meet business critical demands. It includes working with the INEOS TAR & asset teams and also with the TAR contractors and 3rd party vendors.
• The post-holder will be required to interact with and influence others (e.g. planners/schedulers, COW/RAP team, and contractors to ensure plans are achievable and to facilitate the timely and safe delivery of all work within budget.
• Provide construction engineering input and expertise to ensure the shutdown (TAR) is delivered safely & on time.
• Accountable for the preparation, quality and delivery of all information required for their allocated TAR workpacks within the agreed milestones.
• Prepare job sketches (or drawings if possible) that clearly identify the scope and materials.
• Ensure all inspection and operations requirements including agreed isolations are incorporated.
• Preparation of SIP (scaffold, insulation or painting) requests that are detailed and clear.
• Prepare bills of material (BoM) that are correct and accurate – check against approved Mechanical specifications. Clearly identify direct purchase materials or contractor supplied (e.g consumable) to the TAR materials coordinator.
• Prepare the Job breakdown identifying all 3rd party requirements and resources hours using agreed norms or estimates.
• Identify any long lead or special items to the appropriate TAR discipline engineer for approval.
• During the TAR preparations phase, take a leading role in developing construction methodologies and schedules which deliver the TAR scope within the system windows. Consider any other TAR scopes, simultaneous operations or SHE/permit requirements to prepare robust and tested plans with the TAR planning team.
• Look for any opportunities to maximise pre-TAR works or alternative rationale for performing works outside of a TAR. Both with the benefit of removing scope from the TAR executions.
• Communicate and agree these plans with the appointed TAR contractors through to execution.
• During the TAR you will take up a role within one of the execution area teams to deliver the agreed scope safely & on schedule.
• Trade Qualifications or equivalent in Mechanical Discipline
• Relevant TAR experience in a similar role
• Experienced in Construction Supervision
• Knowledge of Mehcanical principles including an understanding of petrochemical process hazard and risk assessment as it applies to mechanical equipment and its associated systems.
• Ability to interpret P&IDs and all associated Mechanical diagrams
• Experience of working within multi-disciplined engineering teams
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Experienced Excel user and all other MS office applications
To apply for this job please visit www.morson.com.