Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Metering Technician for deployment on a 7day/7day rotation with holidays basis based in Client’s Onshore site, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- It is the responsibility of the Metering Techncian to maintain, co-ordinate and execute the following areas of the contract to ensure continued delivery to the highest standards and to the expectation of the client and Petrofac.
- Ensure Petrofac’s ‘Code of Conduct’ and behaviours are adhered to and applied to all scopes of work.
- Ensure the clients Intelligent Safety Rules and Behaviours are adhered to and applied to all scopes of work.
- Ensuring the compliance and continual operation of all fiscal, allocation and environmental measurement, sampling and analysis systems with legal and/or contractual implications.
- Perform daily checks of all offshore measurement systems and have the capability to analyse and act on active alarms and event.
- Performing routine planned maintenance and corrective scopes as determined by the agreed schedule on Fiscal, Allocation & environmental measurement, sampling and analyser systems.
- Review maintenance and operations procedures and advice recommended updated to the Senior Measurement Engineer for inclusion within the next revision.
- Monitor and control the scheduling of metering system maintenance in conjunction with the asset scheduler.
- Handling and preparation of any key meters, analytical equipment and secondary instrumentation for recertification or verification at certified calibration facilities.
- Assist Senior Measurement Engineer with investigating and implementing any changes required for closure of audit actions.
- Maintaining measurement system maintenance and operational documentation to allow the operator to demonstrate to auditors and third party verifiers that the assets measurement systems are being operated and maintained to the required legal and contractual standards.
- Provide assistance in the reviewing of any project documentation for onshore and offshore commissioning for any new or upgraded measurement equipment.
- Accompany any third party vendor when providing support to work relating to and measurement, sampling or analytical system.
- Acting on behalf of the client and Petrofac when reporting and liaising with the assets Management and Supervision team located on site.
- Preparation of Work control certificates (WCC), Standalone risk assessments (SARA) and Isolation Control Certificates (ICC) in the integrated safe system of work (ISSOW).
- Creation of defect notifications in the maintenance management system.
- FAT and SAT attendance on behalf of the client as required.
- Report and provide data to the senior measurement engineer for any mismeasurements, which have occurred and require reported data to be corrected.
- Provide measurement, sampling and analytical technical support to the operations team.
- Ensure that all measurement and test equipment is in good working order, certified for use and fit for purpose, free from defects.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Proven track record in operating and maintaining offshore measurement, sampling and analyser systems (SVQ, HNC, HND or significant experience in flow measurement).
- Have a proven track record of working on liquid and gas flow measurement systems and a good working knowledge of the principles of operation.
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant pipeline requirements and awareness of AGA and ISO standards
- Experienced in the review of metering system documentation i.e. Statement of Requirements (SOR), Function Design Specifications (FDS)
- Be able to monitor and control meter system performance and make technically sound recommendations to offshore and onshore personnel.
- High level, numeracy and IT skills
- In depth knowledge of ISSOW and maintenance management systems (SAP).
- Valid Industry Standard Training Certification: BOSIET / MIST / CompEx / TBST01/02
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.