We have an amazing team at Canadian Natural that is looking for an additional Trainer, Mine Operations! As a valuable member of the Albian Oil Sands Mining project and reporting to the Lead Hand, Trainer, you will support and implement the goals of Mine Operations by communicating and encouraging best practices to co-workers. These goals include providing instructional expertise relating to safe, productive and efficient operation of many types of equipment used within mine operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new training programs for various equipment and processes within Mine Operations including identifying inadequacies and assisting with solutions
- Responsible for conducting initial and periodic competency assessments of equipment operators, documenting assessments, maintaining records and provide feedback to the operator and Team Lead
- Mentor equipment operators and develop training action plans for operators that require further training, coaching and/or mentoring
- Administer all aspects of the computer based learning (CBL) programs in use and assist in the development of any new CBL programs if applicable
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently with limited supervision and have the ability to prioritize work accordingly
- Conduct ongoing classroom instruction, meetings, and field training for all new and existing employees
- Job location: Albian Oil Sands – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- Company sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Calgary or Edmonton
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7 days on, 7 off, 7 nights on, 7 off – 12 hour shifts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Typically, 10+ years of heavy equipment operation and an advanced understanding of Hydraulic and Electric Shovels, Dozers, Haul Trucks, Graders, Loaders, Excavators in a Mining environment and/or Cell Construction, Water Pumps, Barge/Dredges in a Tailings environment is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, previous experience with heavy equipment simulation would be an asset
- Previous supervisory or training/mentor experience as well as experience with designing/implementing training systems/processes, knowledge of Alberta workplace legislation and conducting meetings would be an asset
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalency
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
The application deadline is September 23, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.