LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 59364
Why you should join us:
Suncor’s oil sands mining projects are to produce a reliable, long-term energy supply while leveraging technology to minimize environmental and social impacts of resource development. Reporting to the Manager, Long Range Planning Fort Hills, and working full time out of our Calgary office or following the guidelines of Suncor’s hybrid work model which provides our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. You will create and develop mine and tailings plans and designs while working in an exciting interdisciplinary environment.
You will use your expertise to:
- Lead the development and optimization of long range (+ 5 years) mine and tailings plans
- Develop project scopes and designs to support mining and tailing operations
- Conduct strategic economic studies of engineering and business options available to the company and make recommendations to management
- Mentor junior staff and support them in their development
- Facilitate collaboration with various technical groups to ensure consistency with reclamation plans and stakeholder groups
- Benchmark and analyze operational performance
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 7 years or more of mining engineering/planning experience, preferably in the oil sands
- An undergraduate Engineering degree in Mining or Geological
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- A multidisciplinary background in mining, reclamation, geotechnical / geological engineering, and tailings planning
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Experience in operations and with regulatory submissions
- Knowledge of CAD, Mine Planning and/or Scheduling software such as Minescape, Vulcan and XPAC/OSS
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with others at various levels within the organization
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills with a continuous improvement mindset
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.