Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips has operations and activities in 14 countries, $87 billion of total assets, and approximately 9,900 employees as of Sept. 30, 2021. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,514 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2021, and proved reserves were 4.5 BBOE as of Dec. 31, 2020. For more information, go to www.conocophillips.com.
In Canada, we can trace our history back over 110 years. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, our current investment programs are focused on the operated Surmont oil sands development in the Athabasca region of northeast Alberta and the liquids rich Montney unconventional play in northeast British Columbia. Our production averaged 94 MBOED in 2021 and proved reserves were 0.3 BBOE.
Our story demonstrates our commitment to the community, our innovative approach to technology and our adaptability during the changes faced by our industry. Within our Calgary office, we have implemented a Hybrid Office Work program, which offers eligible employees flexibility with the option of working remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation, and we reinforce this belief through a DEI Council of employees, a culture of psychological safety and an Engagement Network, to name a few. Our workforce represents the international communities in which we live and work, bringing together talented people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Consistent with our focus on excellence, ConocoPhillips continues to discover and develop best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion – for the good of our enterprise, our employees, our vendors and our communities.
Reporting to the area Field Shift Supervisor, we are currently looking for Field Operators to support our Montney Field Operations Group.
- Commitment to our SPIRIT values: Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Support and comply with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of CPC’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System. Ensure HSE & Process Safety issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility. Unsafe acts and/or conditions, no matter in what area of responsibility, are to be reported so corrective actions can be taken.
- Available to support Emergency Response Plans (ERP) as required
- Available for a rotating schedule with on call duties as required
- Ensure all company and government regulations are followed
- Daily operations and maintenance of oil and gas wells, field compression, water distribution systems and related process and transmission equipment
- Maintain good public relations with local residents
- Routine maintenance as required, within the scope of an operator’s competency
- Directing work, permitting and supervising the activities of contractors as required
- Maintain good communication with Field Operations Leader and co workers
- Accountability and job ownership, meeting the requirements of ConocoPhillips Operator roles & responsibilities
- Working with SCADA and trending production anomalies
- Supporting ConocoPhillips Integrated Operations Philosophy
- Production reporting and controlling operating expense
- Willingness to learn computer programs used within ConocoPhillips for business purposes: i.e. – SAP, Energy Components etc.
- Minimum of 5-7 years Oil & Gas Experience as a plant/battery or well operator
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Relevant safety and regulatory training consistent with company standards
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions
- Current Drivers Abstract with valid license
- Understanding and commitment to health, safety, and environment
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of artificial lift methodologies including, gas lift, pump jack and plunger lift operation principles
- Knowledge of pigging operations.
- Knowledge of wellhead equipment
- Knowledge of oil and gas measurement equipment
This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the ConocoPhillips Canada substance abuse program and pre-employment health screening
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 12th.
For information on our Sustainable Development performance in Canada, visit www.cpcsustainability.ca
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.