Mooring Master. Airswift. Luanda, Angola.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Mooring Master to work within their facilities in Luanda, Angola.
The Mooring Master will exhibit exemplary marine skills and safety behaviors and will specifically ensure that all relevant mooring operations and associated marine activities are performed safety and in accordance with local and maritime regulations and Company operational procedures.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsible for the readiness and overall maintenance of the offload floating hose system and tandem hawser system.
- Assist the OIM with the administration of the competency assurance system (CAS) on board.
- Demonstrate effective leadership during berthing, mooring, offload hose connection and disconnection of hose, unmooring and relevant marine activities.
- Manage the operation of berthing, mooring and relevant marine activities with effective delegation and communication. Assist client as required with offload documentation.
- Co-ordinate with vessel masters and agents for expeditious arrival and departure of offload vessel operations.
- Act as administrator for the CAS for all departments onboard FPSO.
- Ensure effective planning for all offloading critical activities and critical equipment maintenance.
- Prepare to Start Marine & Cargo Operations with respect to offload tankers.
- Startup Marine & Cargo Operations with respect to offload tankers
- Monitor discharges from offload tankers.
- Contribute To Control of Critical Situations and Respond to Emergencies
- See Station Bill
- Requisite number of assessed berthing and moorings to Company standards according to proven level of experience
- STCW II/2 Master of ships of 3000gt or more plus DCE for Liquid Petroleum.
- Proven 3 years Tandem Berthing experience at open sea berths or internally
- Qualified Berthing Master, (QBM) Berthing vessels up to 350,000 DWT tonnes.
- 5 years sea service on VLCC with at least 3 years minimum at rank of Master.
- GMDSS unlimited G.O.C.
- Medically fit to offshore international standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO or FSO operations, including Production, Process, Utilities, Marine Maintenance, and Safety Management.
- Attended Tandem offload simulator training.
- Attended Management of Major Emergency Training.
- Excellent levels of written and spoken communication in English language.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- MS Office knowledge.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.