Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
- Perform regular rounds where he / she will look, listen and feel the equipment
- Anticipate problems that may occur and implement corrective action to prevent problems from developing. When problems are found, analyze the problem area and problem solve / implement a solution to resolve the issue and keep the system operational
- Ensure that fuel and oil transfers are performed in a safe manner while complying with all state, federal and company rules and regulations as they pertain to this area of the drilling industry
- Assist the Mechanic with major mechanical problems and repairs that he / she does not have the expertise to complete
- Along with the Rig Manager and Driller, provide supervision and direction to the Floorhands and Derrickhand during rig up / down procedures
- Provide relief on the drill floor for the Floorhands, and when trained the Derrickhand and Driller
- Operate the forklift to offload / back load / relocate equipment, pipe, tubulars, casings, ect.
- Attention span to stay alert and attentive for up to 12 hour tour while performing sometimes repetitive and monotonous tasks
- Able to works 7 or 14 days on and 7 or 14 days off, including holidays, weekends and or days and nights
- Able to receive verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to stand and walk for a minimum of 4 hours at any one time, including standing and walking on steel decking as well as gravel, board roads and mud, snow and ice
- Must be able to independently lift / handle items that weigh upwards of 115 lbs(pull slips), lift / handle 100 lbs and hand tools, including 16 lbs – 20 lbs sledge hammers, throughout the shift. Must be able to lift 60 lbs to 5′ height as well as carry 60 lbs up / down stairs
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the tour work shift while wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Assist the Rig Manager with trouble shooting and problem solving duties and decisive manner.
- Other duties asrequired by the Rig Manager
• Ability to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable
• Minimum of 3 months experience as a Floorhand for Nabors Drilling USA or 6
months experience as a Motorhand for another drilling company
• Ability to successfully complete Motorhand training at the NDUSA training center
•Ability to wear respiratory protective devices
• Ability to complete the essential functions of Floorhand duties when needed
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the rig
• High school diploma or equivalent
• The knowledge and experience in maintaining and repairing various types of diesel
engines as well as mechanical devices
: United States Of America-Texas-Alice
To apply for this job please visit nabors.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment