ABERDEEN-OFFSH ELGIN FRANKLIN(GBR)
An offshore opportunity has arisen on our Elgin platform, one of our Central North Sea Assets.
The MSPO is a position within the operations teams on the offshore installation. The main purpose of the position is to provide each shift with an experienced operations technician, in order to strengthen the core skills, knowledge and experience within the operations teams. Additionally the MSPO will provide a recognised relief for the senior operational positions (i.e. Control Room Operator or Area Authority). Preferably, the MSPO will have a ‘trade core skill’ in one of the operational disciplines.
There will be one MSPO per shift team, and they will be fully flexible in attitude and outlook, with the expectancy that they will not only take an operational lead on their respective shifts, but (where competent) provide an additional resource in order to provide ‘stand-in’ for the shift where and when required at the direction of the platform’s operations management.
As required, undertake periods of work onshore in order to prepare shutdown plans, intervention packs, permits and assist in all associated administration. The times and dates of these periods will be mutually agreed by operations management and the individuals concerned.
Applications will close on 6th June 2023.
Other key duties;
- Provide direct input into the day to day operational activities, involved in the running of a large-scale offshore oil and gas production installation, as part of an integrated multi-skilled shift team.
- Provide guidance and training to Production operators to become fully competent in relevant areas.
- Be a focal point for Production operators for various outside activities including plant operation, pressure testing, deluge testing, PM’s, fault finding and reporting to ensure safe and efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Be actively involved in the Permit to work system (E-Vision) in order to ensure a safe working environment is maintained, and that production downtime is minimised as much as possible.
- During a platform emergency, ensure that operations are conducted safely, effectively and efficiently in line with the Platform Emergency Response procedures, at the direction of the ERT, and complete such training that they can complete their emergency duties effectively
Context and environment
Based on a rotational 12-hour-shift basis, working both day and night shifts as part of a structured integrated Rota, within accepted guidelines. Fully flexible in attitude, able to adapt to ongoing operations, able to work on both own initiative and with direction of both line, and installation management.
- Broad operations background and experience, preferably in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry, but experience in the Petrochemicals or Refinery background is also acceptable
- Previous experience in a supervisory / team leader position, or alternatively, the potential to develop to a supervisory or team leader position is highly desirable
- Previous exposure as a Permit Authority and / or to Control Room operations or the potential to develop to a senior operational role (i.e. MCR Technician or Area Authority) is also highly desirable.
- Completion of a structured training programme, with the attainment of qualifications (including an NVQ in a related discipline), universally recognised within the area of field operations (for example a recognised NVQ, or other relevant structured formal training, preferably from an approved training body, e.g. OPITO).
- The possession of a ‘trade core skill’ (including electrician, instrument control, mechanical or process operations), together with the proven ability to carry out first line maintenance, is also highly desirable.
Production General Resp, Upstream Operations, General Operations Responsab
Region, department, area
Experience level required
Less than 3 years, Minimum 3 years, Minimum 6 years
TotalEnergies E&P UK Limited
Exploration and Production
About us / company profile
Total is a broad energy company that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is more affordable, more reliable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com.