Midland – United States
The Multiphase Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting flow meter issues, performing QC on data, and working with our internal software. As a key member of our team, you will also be responsible for rigging up and down Vx meters, running power and communication, and updating meter calibrations.
As a Multiphase Technician, you’ll work with simple lab equipment such as centrifuges, hydrometers, and separation funnels to perform fluid sampling and updates to meter calibration. You’ll work 12–14-hour shifts and be expected to work for a minimum of 21 days at a time. A valid driver’s license is required as driving is necessary.
Roles and Responsibilties:
- Able to work alone and troubleshoot problems in the field with low connectivity
- Able to perform Quality Control of data
- Computer skills to work with business systems and generate job reports
- Able to perform VxSpectra / Phase tester oil, water, gas calibrations
- Able to perform VxSpectra / Phase tester mechanical cleaning of parts of well debris
- Able to work with Vx service manager software
- Driver license required, light vehicle driving.
- Good mechanical and basic electrical skills
For flowback and drillout applications
- Rig up / down of Vx meter
- Run power and communication to Vx meter
- Take fluid samples and update Vx meter calibration
- Able to use simple lab equipment such as centrifuge, hydrometers, separation funnels
- Work 12-14h shifts, expected to work min 21 days.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Vx (have worked in Venezuela, Algeria, Kazakhstan, Ecuador, Saudi or Brazil)
- Experience with Surface Well Testing
- Cameron surface experience
- Multiphase meter experience
- The ideal candidate needs to have excellent mechanical and basic electrical & automation skills, and experience in flowback, drillouts or well testing.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer”. For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the “EEO is the Law” poster, the “EEO is the Law-Supplement” poster, and the “Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision” located here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.