At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Pre-Employment Testing Requirement
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. Please read the job description in its entirety for additional information on accessing the assessment. The assessment should be completed by Sunday, February 11, 2024 @ 11:59 P.M. CST.
What role you will play in our team
We are looking for persons with an interest in becoming an Operator technician at our underground storage facility in Mont Belvieu, TX. This position utilizes a shift work schedule and will require weekend and holiday work.
What you will do
- Work as part of a team to manage a safe and effective operation within the assigned area.
- Monitor active pipeline and facility operation systems to ensure save transfer and storage of hydrocarbon.
- Perform hydrocarbon measurement duties including meter/density proving and line sampling.
- Read and understand station flow and pipeline alignment drawings.
- Perform energy isolation and evacuation of lines designated for maintenance and regulatory tasks.
- Perform various mathematical calculations associated with line balances and inventory verifications.
- Work a rotating schedule which will enable the team to provide 24/7/365 coverage for the site. (Shift Work)
Skills and Qualifications
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Highly motivated to learn and grow.
• Teamwork oriented.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
• 2+ years experience in pipeline operations.
• Or experience working within the pipeline/chemicals/refinery industry.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
• Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life.
• Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
• Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing.
• Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you.
• Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
- Learn more at our website
- Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Pre-Employment Testing Guidance
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. After applying you will receive a pop up giving you access to the assessment. You may take the assessment at that time or utilize the instructions below to access the assessment at a time convenient for you. Note that the assessment must be completed by the deadline in order for you to be considered for the O&M position for which you have applied.
The O&M test has been revised. Effective December 1, 2021 ALL candidates must complete the revised assessment. Even if you have tested within the last 365 days (passed or failed), if you tested before December 1, 2021, you must complete the revised assessment to be considered for this O&M opportunity. Failure to complete the assessment by the deadline will result in your disqualification from consideration for this position. The assessment is the same for all O&M requisitions. If you have completed the assessment after December 1, 2021, your assessment results will be mapped to this requisition when you try to access the test. Test passed candidates will be screened by the hiring team and a subset invited for interview. Note that a satisfactory result on the assessment does not guarantee an interview.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENT BY: February 11, 2024 @ 11:59 P.M. CST
Instructions to Access the Assessment After Applying (If you missed the pop up
- Login to https://jobs.exxonmobil.com
- Click on View Profile (top right hand corner) and login.
- To login you will need your email address and the password established when you created your profile.
- Scroll down to the Jobs Applied section and click.
- Complete the assessment for the job where indicated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.