- Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG company to recruit a National Utilities Manager for their operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos.
- The Utilities Manager directs and manages the overall operation of the gas generators, the production and distribution of utilities (electrical systems, water, mechnical equipment, sewer systems), the maintenance of these systems within all Group locations in the Country
- Meet these responsibilities through supervisory staff and skilled trades assigned to the operations, including the Energy Manager, Energy Management Technicians, Facility supervisors, contracted services for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and insulation systems
- Ensure that all assigned facilities are structurally sound, mechanically operational, and electrically efficient and safe.
- The work performance assigned to various supervisory personnel under the direction of the Utilities Manager is reviewed by the Utilities Manager
- Assist the Management in developing long-range plans for upgrading assigned mechanical and electrical equipments and develop, document, and administer preventive maintenance programs for all assigned mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Develop, document, and administer the in-house commissioning of assigned equipment and retro-commissioning of assigned equipment in existing facilities.
- Serve as project manager and coordinate and sometimes directly supervise utility outages and the performance of emergency and routine maintenance on Group utilities and facilities.
- Enforce federal regulations governing environmental protection, the handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, civil engineering or facilities management is preferred
- Master’s degree is a plus
- 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar senior role is required
- Operation, management, and maintenance of utility production and distribution systems, supporting auxiliary equipment and systems, supervisory control systems are required.
- Extensive experience within the FMCG industry is required
- A previous experience within a manufacturing Group operating plants in Nigeria is required
- Electrical distribution, water distribution, gas distribution, computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), building management systems (BMS), supervisory control and data acquisitions (SCADA), Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning and/or Electrical Systems are required
- Minimum 10 years experience with Gas generators
- Management and administrative skills are required
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.adexen.com.