- Office: Westhill, Aberdeenshire
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Naval Architect to join an established and forward-thinking organisation.This role will be in their Fleet and Equipment group, which forms part of the wider Offshore Resources team.
The Naval Architect position is an excellent opportunity to join the Technical and Engineering team supporting an advanced, modern fleet of offshore construction vessels, spanning many regions and sectors within the business.
What will you be doing?
- Provide daily assistance to Vessel Superintendents & Project Managers on technical matters relating to naval architecture
- Preparation of specifications, scopes of work, calculations and sketches for routine modifications, repairs, upgrades and drydock works
- Management of third-party consultants engaged to undertake specialist naval architectural studies and liaison with shipyards and fabricators
- Completion of stability checks, quayside mooring analysis and potentially structural calculations
- Occasional attendance offshore, on site and at meetings (regional and global) as may be required
- Provision of Naval Architectural services to other departments in areas such as tendering and project support
- Coordinate and maintain a database of vessel RAOs
- Act as a focal point for onboard stability software / computers for the fleet
What experience would we like you to have?
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
- Educated to a degree level in Naval Architecture or suitable alternative
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Some experience of vessel loading software and/or vessel stability software
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Experience in Naval Architectural calculations and stability assessments
- Knowledge of ship Classification Society rules and international marine legislation (SPS, SOLAS, MARPOL etc)
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. If you would like more information please contact Liam Smith.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.
Be the first to comment