Permanent Staff Position
Looking for a Naval Architect to join the Offshore Resources team at the office in, Aberdeenshire on a full-time, staff basis.
This role will be in the Fleet and Equipment group, which forms part of the wider Offshore Resources team. Supporting all regions with the vessels, equipment and people required to deliver projects worldwide.
The Naval Architect position is an excellent opportunity to join the Technical and Engineering team supporting an advanced, modern fleet of offshore construction vessels, spanning many regions and sectors within the business.
For the right candidate you will be able to drive your own personal development and further your skills and knowledge within the discipline. The candidates we are looking for should have demonstrable naval architecture experience related to ships and/or offshore platforms.
Keen to hear from applicants not only with oil and gas backgrounds, but also from those with relevant ship or offshore platform design experience. This may have been gained through time spent within a design office, consultancy, shipyard, classification society or marine warranty role.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide daily assistance to Vessel Superintendents & Project Managers on technical matters relating to naval architecture
- Preparation of specifications, scopes of work, calculations and sketches for routine modifications, repairs, upgrades and drydock works
- Management of third-party consultants engaged to undertake specialist naval architectural studies and liaison with shipyards and fabricators
- Completion of stability checks, quayside mooring analysis and potentially structural calculations
- Liaison with Flag State, Port State and Classification Society representatives on technical matters
- Occasional attendance offshore, on site and at meetings (regional and global) as may be required
- Provision of Naval Architectural services to other departments in areas such as tendering and project support
- Coordinate and maintain a database of vessel RAOs
- Act as a focal point for onboard stability software / computers for the fleet
- Management and supervision of 3rd parties completing deadweight surveys and inclining experiments together with the production and delivery of associated stability documentation
- Liaison with model testing establishments, including development of scopes of work
- Technical support to new build projects as required
What experience you will have
- Educated to a degree level in Naval Architecture or suitable alternative
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Some experience of vessel loading software and/or vessel stability software
- Working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Experience in Naval Architectural calculations and stability assessments
- Knowledge of ship Classification Society rules and international marine legislation (SPS, SOLAS, MARPOL etc)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.