ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The NGL Marketing, Advisor is responsible for understanding the Natural Gas Liquids business and ensuring that all marketing processes including sales, optimization, coordination and communication with vendors, internal and external customers and transportation providers take place in a timely and accurate manner. The NGL portfolio is managed by customers and is a visible role with the potential to directly influence Hess’ future business opportunities in expanding the NGL portfolio scope. The role will be accountable for scheduling and managing pipe, railcar, and truck logistics/sales while maintaining operational engagement with midstream, commercial, legal, accounting and finance departments. The successful candidate will interface with their marketing and scheduling counterparts at other E&P companies, external retailers, brokers & wholesalers and senior management within Hess. Excellent communication, planning, analytical acumen, negotiation and problem-solving abilities are critical for this position.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strong understanding the different types of assets, product flows, costs, customers, transportation providers and processes within the natural gas liquid portfolio of ethane, propane, iso-butane, normal butane and natural gasoline
- Conduct detailed analysis of market dynamics and macro trends. Prepare various reports and presentations for customer meetings, internal meetings and senior management meetings
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, transportation providers, vendors and industry peers where applicable
- Maintain and manage daily, monthly, and quarterly operations and forecast reports
- Negotiate and execute natural gas liquids sales deals with credit-worthy customers for flow assurance, optimization and optionality
- Provide support for transaction validation related to marketing strategy, inventory, pricing and contract terms.
- Optimize and coordinate movement of contracted and spot volumes with internal and external customers
- Understand and monitor credit, A/P and A/R balances and work with marketers to understand exposure of moving product with customers and assist in resolving outstanding balances
- Work closely with accounting to resolve accounts receivable/payable discrepancies
- Minimum of (5) years truck/rail scheduling, contracting, negotiations, planning, or related supply chain experience, preferably in Marketing or Commercial
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, and apply standard processes
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy and open environment
- Strong computer skills, including SAP, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Team oriented individual that can work independently or facilitate team meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all levels; good team player; ability to exhibit energy, enthusiasm, and a positive outlook
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with team members, management, customers and vendors
- Effective project management skills, including managing execution dates and ensuring deliverables are provided by the needed dates
Education, Training & Certifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or related business field preferred. An MBA or relevant Master’s level qualification would be an advantage
- 7+ years upstream or midstream oil and gas experience in marketing and/or commercial roles
- Familiarity with logistics, economic evaluation, and/or business planning
- Experience and familiarity with common transaction documents including sales and purchase agreements, confidentiality agreements, general terms and conditions
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Additional Core Competencies expected to be considered an effected performer in Commercial and Marketing.
- Focuses on objectives and key contractual issues
- Determines and understands the other parties’ positions/drivers
- Proactive in building trust, exploring options, clarifying understanding and managing expectations
- Plans, manages and closes the negotiation process including implementation of the contract
- Applies different negotiating styles, tactics and strategies
- Relationship Management
- Develops and maintains relationships with host governments and other energy businesses
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Finance | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26968
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.