Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
The Night Assistant DSC Foreman coordinates the day-to-day operations of Production personnel. Assists with budget review and monitoring, production review and monitoring, troubleshooting of wells, and analysis of mechanical failures. Provides performance and salary reviews, as well as disciplinary action.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 5 years of related industry experience
• Ensure DSC/Production Analyst completes daily tasks associated with Lease Surveillance.
• Ensure DSC/production analyst is communicating necessary alarms and notifications to optimization operator
• Ensure Optimization operator & DSC/Production Analyst completes daily tasks associated with Optimization.
• Understand and apply all Company policies and ensures others comply with these policies
• Identify opportunities for improvements in production, cost efficiencies and/or problem areas (i.e. parted rods, electrical problems, chemical use, plunger lift optimization, etc.) and take necessary action
• Utilize the Company’s Lease Profit and Loss statements and other sources of data as part of the identification of opportunities; provide recommendations to the Superintendent, and Operations Engineer, particularly in the areas requiring engineering support and/or analysis
• Secure and maintain all Company issued equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment
• Travel and work extended hours on short notice
• Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
• Recommends enhancement of production operations
• Demonstrate and promote safe and ethical behavior at all times
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Basic computer skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work within a team environment
• Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
• Strong leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
• Must be able to work schedule that supports business needs including rotations and nights
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must maintain a clean driving record and adhere to Company policies
• Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
• Understanding of economic evaluations and indicators and how they affect projects
• Able to travel and work extended hours
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.