LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 63801
Why you should join us:
Student positions at Suncor (including co-op and intern) are more than just a work term. You will develop an in-depth understanding of how Suncor operates, gain valuable exposure in the oil and gas industry, network with experienced professionals, and gain relevant experience in your field of study. You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you outstanding academic and career growth!
You will have the chance to develop your professional skills and explore how Health and Safety functions within an organization and see firsthand how important this group is within a global company.
You will use your expertise to:
• Be engaged in a variety of corporate projects in different areas of Health & Safety, including Ergonomics, Product Safety and Industrial/Occupational Hygiene
• Assist with Office Ergonomics reporting and tools development to support upcoming enterprise-wide Ergonomics Program roll-out activities; etc
• Help maintain Safety Data Sheet database; database clean up during new system transition; assist in development of Suncor’s enterprise-wide Chemical Management Program
• Assist with enterprise-wide Occupational Hygiene Program activities – support occupational hygiene regulation change update and system data entry
• Assist with development of documentation related to continuous improvement programs (mentioned above)
• Help to build, distribute and present safety communications (safety/well-being moments, training material, etc.)
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
• Current enrollment in a formal co-op or internship program in Health and Safety or Sciences (Kinesiology, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, Biology, Chemistry, etc.) at an accredited post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies after the work term
• Attach your transcripts with your application and clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
• Alignment with our values: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
• Enthusiastic, detail oriented, motivated, takes initiative and self-confident
• Possess great communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• Can work well independently and in a team environment
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
• A continuous improvement mindset and are able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process and hazards in the workplace
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
• This is a twelve month work term, starting in May 2022
• You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
• Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
• Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
• We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
• Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Start your career at Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.