Occidental is an international energy company with assets in the United States, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Primary Purpose: The GOM Offshore Operator assists with all aspects of operating an offshore production platform.
- Executes day to day production activities according to safety standards.
- Coordinates and completes documentation and activities necessary to provide uninterrupted production volumes.
- Ensures production equipment is maintained according to company standards, enlists mechanical support for regular preventative maintenance.
- Assists teams with developing solutions to rectify issues that may hinder production activities.
- Works with interdisciplinary offshore teams to develop solutions to mitigate production stoppages due to repair/ maintenance activities on production platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides services equivalent to a fire fighting specialist and life boatman.
- Documents all well tests and reports as required by Anadarko and the different regulatory agencies.
- Reports any issues affecting operating costs, personnel safety, and environmental conditions.
- Assists with mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Repairs and troubleshoots platform production systems.
- Assists with performing required regulatory testing, inspecting and completing paperwork.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Professional / Technical Qualifications/Licences/Certifications: Valid HUET Training
Experience: at least one year experience on GOM Oxy Platform; Lucius platform experience preferred.
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Production Ops
– United States-Louisiana-GOM-Lucius
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.