Airswift has been tasked by one of our major renewables clients to seek a Offshore Termination & Testing Project Engineer to work in their facilities located Taiwan.
- 1 x Offshore termination and testing – 3+ years’ experience working on offshore structure
- General Project Engineer Role Profile
The following typical duties will be required by Project Engineers;
- Familiarise with project scope,
- Identify applicable procedures for their allocated scope / vessel and review all related documentation,
- Provide guidance where any parts of the procedure or activity are unclear,
- Prepare / create readiness plan,
- Prepare and follow up action list from readiness plan including any required amendments to documents (if required) and material/equipment orders,
- Review items ordered and confirm status and ensure all will be ready for use as per schedule,
- Where applicable to their scope, review marine vessels and watercraft, ships, boats, winches, cranes, trenchers and dredges to ascertain condition of machinery, equipment and equipage and to determine remediations required to meet project requirements. If review identifies further action is required, identify and engineer remedial solution and agree implementation which is acceptable for the project team,
- Ensure planned activities are adequately risk assessed in accordance with employer requirements,
- Conduct daily toolbox talks with all stakeholders and personnel involved in activities ensuring all are clear with their roles and responsibilities,
- Observe any required operating tests on machinery and equipment,
- Implement any required engineering amendments to ensure readiness,
- Mobilise for the applicable site ensuring compliance to employer processes and procedures,
- Inspect conditions of all project equipment stored, handled, transported or spooled and condition of permanently installed materials,
- Where applicable, support engineering input to marine operations including; offshore / subsea construction, towing, anchoring, handling, heavy lift, surveying, geotechnical reviewing, cable laying, trenching, rock dumping, termination and testing.
- Be a link to the project team creating and providing daily reports on work conducted, recommended actions, repairs or conditions remedied,
- Follow up any required management of change (should it be required),
- Maintain an overview of as built completions and documentation,
- Maintain a record of changes and lessons learned,
- HSEQ reporting in accordance with company requirements
- Ready to support long periods of 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Willing to take absence in line with project requirements and vessel activities.
- Proactive and regular liaising with project team, Project Engineering Manager and reporting to Project Manager,
- Ideal candidates have eligibility to enter, either Taiwanese or Alien Residence Card holder.
- Contractors will need to provide their own PPE, such as hard hat, safety boots, eye protection, coveralls etc.
- Company IT will be provided however provision of own IT maybe required if supporting remotely at short notice.
- Ideally candidates will have offshore training already.
- Mandarin speaking is considered beneficial
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.