1.0 VACANCY REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Offshore Installation Manager – Drilling Section Leader
REPORTING TO: Rig Manager
LOCATION: Offshore/Jack-up or Tender rig
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Superior authority onboard the unit and manage the unit through his Section Leaders and direct reports and in close cooperation with the onshore organisation, customer and third parties.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements
· That all unit certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements
· Compliance with applicable laws
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor
· Establishment and proper functioning of the safety organisation onboard
· That client drilling program is in compliance with Seadrill requirements
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required is performed
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
· The protection of the surrounding environment.
· Operations being conducted in a safe and efficient manner and coordinated between the section leaders.
· The safe and efficient execution of all well and drilling activities.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Actively lead and participate in all meeting activities.
· Supervise well kill operations in an emergency or well control situation.
· Managing all preparations for future drilling operations
· Reporting operational progress to the Rig Manager as required
· Budgetary control of the unit
· Relevant governing documents are adhered to by all personnel
· Clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all relevant personnel
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations
· That class papers are valid and that CoC’s are acted upon in due time.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· Familiarity with the structural conditions and limitations of the unit and its equipment
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
· That the unit is duly maintained and the maintenance is recorded as required
· That the unit maintain an adequate stock of spare parts and materials
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
· OGUK or STCW compliant Health Certificate.
· Basic Safety Training (OPITO approved BOSIET, STCW Basic Training w/HUET, or CBSP w/HUET is the minimum requirement)
· IWCF Well Control, Supervisor, Surface, Level 4
· OIM License
· Stability & Ballast Control license
2.0 REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the respective region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
The requirements in Section 1 are to be considered minimum corporate requirements and deviations from same are to be handled in accordance to the Directive for Handling of non-conformities.
To apply for this job please visit seadrill.csod.com.