One Accounting Analyst
Petaling Jaya – Malaysia
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. Together, we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
Our inclusive culture is the key to our success. We collaborate with our internal community of colleagues, alumni, and our valued external partners to support each other and achieve our goals. We aim to raise the bar high. We look for people who are committed to innovation and success and act with integrity to become and be a part of one of the most diverse group of experts in our industry, anywhere around the globe.
Global in outlook, local in practice – and with a united, shared passion for discovering solutions, we hire talented, driven people and support them to succeed, personall and professionally.
The One Accounting Analyst is responsible for the overall accounting compliance for a group of legal entities in assigned countries/GeoUnits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure legal/statutory accounts are prepared in accordance with Local GAAP and in compliance with SLB policies;Understands the end-to-end process under his/her responsibility and report inefficiencies through SQsContribute to process improvement ideas and implementation with Operation Integrity teams.
- Responsible for statutory fiscal accounts completion within filing deadlines;
- Ensure across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices;
- Manage statutory audits with external auditors
- Works closely with other Hub finance groups/towers to ensure timely support provided for process content;
- Ensure concurrency & alignment between Local Gaap and US Gaap management reporting;
- Understands, reviews, implement and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures;
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Finance or Accounting Degree, MBA or equivalent professional certification such as ACCA, CA, CPA, MIA etc
- 2+ years’ experience in a financial role, experience as an external auditor preferable.
- Strong Microsoft excel skills, SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines, willing to learn new skills
- Effective communication skill
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, good business intuition
- Strong team player
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.