Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: ONSHORE PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
- Operates as part of a team responsible for the continuous processing of products under the direction of control room technician, gathering data/equipment and identifies actions required to minimize failure.
- Completes pre-start-up/operator checks, ensuring all interdependent systems are available and brings onto line systems/equipment under the direction of the control room technician.
- Completes post startup/operating checks to ensure normal operational conditions and thereafter monitors operation.
- Assists with Terminal planned maintenance programme, shutdowns, isolations, de-isolations and start-ups.
- Understand and ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the outside process and safety systems and equipment to avoid unnecessary shutdowns and meet or exceed availability and production targets, including;
- Gas Production and export.
- ESD/DCMS/Fire and Gas.
- Emergency and life support systems.
- Adjust production rates as necessary and/or required.
- Provide accurate and clear communication to other Operations Team personnel to enable meeting of team targets and goals.
- Assist in the provision of on-the-job training for discipline technicians in hydrocarbon processes as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure production loss due to planned or unplanned shutdowns is minimized.
- Identify and operate at the optimum process parameters for the installation.
- Understand the work plan and liquidate work safely and on time.
- Provide assistance to ensure availability of equipment to accommodate unforeseen corrective maintenance tasks to be undertaken to minimize loss.
- Feedback to the Control Room Operator and Production Supervisor any changes to production which affect work plans and schedules.
- Input and maintain faults and defects record and accurate records of working time via SAP system.
- Provide local support to head office projects and Asset Support Team initiatives.
- Act as competent person when requiring in witnessing contractor tests on process and production systems and equipment.
- Monitor and oversee planned and unplanned shutdowns and associated start-ups via the central control panel ensuring plant and personnel safety at all times.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience in diagnosing and resolving operational problems and / or identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare work orders and work permits, requiring isolation as appropriate to progress maintenance activities.
- Provide input and feedback into the Plant work planning process.
- Prepare work-packs for planned maintenance and defect tasks.
- Prepare work-packs for planned shutdown period.
- Liaise with off-site vendors/support engineers as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience as a Production Technician in the oil & gas industry or similar.
- NVQ3 in Processing Hydrocarbons or equivalent.
- knowledge of working with H2S / Sulpher Recovery would be advantageous.
- OGUK medical.
- Authorized Gas Tester.
- Permit to Work system awareness (preferably ISSOW).
- Computerized planned maintenance system (preferably SAP).
- STOP and / or Synergi awareness or equivalent.
- Manual handling.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.