We are seeking an experienced Operation Technology Infrastructure Engineer for our Operator client based in Aberdeen. This is a 12 month PAYE contract requiring an office presence in Aberdeen.
You will ideally have experience of MS Windows Server, VMware and ESXi/vCenter as well as antivirus and security systems.
* Administration, support, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the company OT infrastructure hardware and OS software
* Manage and monitor the events & alerts within the OT estate
* Create and maintain operational documentation, including processes, procedures, design & configuration and operating manuals
* Patch management and administration
* Ensuring Infrastructure security compliance
* Remote Access management
* Leverage subject matter expertise where required
* Liaise with IT service vendors with regards to hosted equipment/rack space, change and facilities management
* Liaise with network groups & vendors to ensure network infrastructure remains functional and to troubleshoot and resolve any issues arising
* Infrastructure Service Management such as Incident Change and Problem Management
* Technical planning and implementation activities for new infrastructure projects
* Technical guidance on projects
Experience & Qualifications:
* Infrastructure experience in the Oil & Gas sector
* Working experience of MS Windows Server, VMware ESXi/vCenter, PowerShell and SAN Storage, Active Directory, WSUS and Citrix
* Knowledge of Backup and Recovery, such as but not limited to, Netbackup and Dell DataDomain.
* Knowledge of Antivirus/Malware protection solutions such as, but not limited to, McAfee or Symantec
* Experience of Solarwinds
* Knowledge of information security best practices
* Knowledge of Basic cyber security – Not essential
* Technical understanding of the infrastructure being managed and being able to technically plan service improvements through to implementation
* Excellent problem solving and ability to work under pressure
* Good team player and ability to work collaboratively with other members
* Logical approach and controlled implementation within CAB environment
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/050229.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.