POSITION OVERVIEW: As an Operations Developer II for the company, the successful candidate will be responsible for technically analyzing, enhancing, supporting, and troubleshooting in-house developed solutions and data interfaces with the company’s Enterprise Trade and Risk Management (ETRM) systems. The successful candidate will work both directly and indirectly with analysts, business personnel, and other ETRM Developers to evaluate needs, analyze options and provide effective and resourceful technical solutions.
- Develop preventative customizations to the company’s ETRM system. These will be modifications or enhancements to the company’s ETRM system that prevent or handle specific future user-encountered or back-end process breaks.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and otherwise identify and develop solutions to ETRM system issues escalated to the Operations Development team by ETRM Analysts or other ETRM personnel.
- Collaborate with teams in multiple geographic locations. Users are located in both Oklahoma City and Houston offices. Position may include occasional travel to remote offices.
- Exhibit a desire to continue growth of software skills, including new platforms and applications not previously used.
- Exhibit a strong customer service focus.
- Work with other team members in a rotating on-call support cycle.
- Effectively execute multiple assignments and projects with some oversight and according to defined quality and output standards.
- Exhibit understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Identify resources, including other team members, business analysts, and subject matter experts, and procure their input to determine ETRM solution options.
- Solicit feedback on performance in new tasks.
- Work with ETRM Operations Development Supervisor to determine urgency and priority for tasks, escalate issues of exceptional nature.
- Discuss, share, and seek relevant information, opinions, and judgements to support ETRM system troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Take initiative to ensure ETRM project and issue resolution outcomes meet requirements.
- Perform other tasks as needed to deliver successful solutions and otherwise contribute to the overall stability of the company’s ETRM system.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills, ability to interact with end users
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field a plus
- 3 years of SQL Server (T-SQL) development
- 3 years of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (C# preferred)
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS a plus
- Experience with DevOps a plus
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.