Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Operations Production Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Management of day-to-day field operations and maximising of production through optimisation of reservoir, wells and process plant performance.
* Identification, justification and execution of opportunities to improve production through coordination of interventions or upgrades to the process systems.
* Interaction with associated regulators and responsible for submission of production and flaring consent.
* Key role in coordination of 3″” party client and contractor interface, ensuring good relationships and communications.
* Support the company’s management of change processes and proactive promotion of continual improvements.
* Monitor daily production and ensure that reservoirs and wells are performing as expected. Investigate and resolve any anomalies. Work with the Operations group to agree short term production strategy and targets, monitor performance against agreed targets and help manage production “losses”
* Day to day interface and focal point with 3″ party operator and operations team.
* Key role in asset team coordination and planning of Medium/Long Term activity scopes.
* Understand and control reservoir displacement processes to help optimise the economic recovery.
* Ensure all fields and wells produce to their peak potential — continuously review fields and well performance and identify opportunities.
* Identify, justify and promote opportunities to improve production and/or reduce costs by optimisation of artificial lift systems, sweep pattern alterations, well interventions or other means
* Support management of change activities.
* Develop and maintain a full-life well management strategy for all wells
* Develop data acquisition programmes to monitor reservoir performance to verify reservoir management strategy and to provide information to help identify business opportunities and reduce risk
* Analysis and interpretation of acquired field data
* Work with Wells Engineering group on aspects of new well design such as selection of completion interval, tubing design, data acquisition programme etc
* Work with Wells Management group to prioritise and schedule well intervention work
* Monitor process plant (e.g. separators, gas compressors, etc.) and ensure that it is performing optimally, e.g. flaring is minimised, and the export oil and produced water discharged is within specification
* Monitor water injection system and ensure that it is performing optimally, e.g. quality of injection water is with specification.
* Work with production chemist to ensure usage of chemicals is optimised
* Develop and maintain a strategy and procedures for optimising the performance of the process plant and water injection system (where applicable) Identify, justify and promote opportunities to improve production and/or reduce costs by optimisation of the process plant and water injection system
* Data Management and Administration with the regulator.
* Prepare accurate forecasts of short-term production which are consistent with facilities constraints and current work.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
* Proven competency in production engineering and reservoir management.
* Excellent communication skills with interfaces at multi departmental, discipline and regulator level.
* Good interpretation of setting priorities and coordination of workload
* Solid understanding of production engineering including artificial lift, flow assurance, well interventions and nodal analysis. Ability to identify and implement studies to evaluate development options.
* Previous development planning and operations experience preferred.
* Strong technical understanding and safety awareness.
* Work effectively within a multi-disciplined team with good presentation skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/056120.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.